On Monday, February 3, Canada's Ballet Jorgen will offer a free pointe shoe clinic for FVAD students at our school from 3:15-3:45pm. This is an amazing $85 value for each
On Monday, February 3, Canada’s Ballet Jorgen will offer a free pointe shoe clinic for FVAD students at our school from 3:15-3:45pm. This is an amazing $85 value for each of our families!
We are so pleased that Canada’s Ballet Jörgen will be joining us at Fraser Valley Academy of Dance in February for company class with Mr. Carney, and rehearsals for their Anne of Green Gables-The Ballet tour.
—– From the CBJ website…
Pointe shoes are so unique – both to the art form and to each individual dancer. This workshop provides the opportunity for aspiring dancers to hear directly from an experienced professional dancer exactly what a dancer goes through to have the best pointe!
How Do You:
- Choose shoe brand, style, size, width, shank, vamp?
- Adjust your shoes throughout your training and a career?
- Decide where to sew ribbons and elastics?
- Darn your shoes and why would you?
- Make your shoes last longer?
- Manage blisters, toe nails, cracked heels and more?
- Decide what to wear inside your shoes? Tape, ouch pouch, spacers etc.
Plus we will talk about training on pointe – the muscles, the lines, the fatigue, the injuries and more.
Choreographed by Bengt Jörgen, one of Canada’s most distinguished classical ballet choreographers, Canada’s Ballet Jorgen is presenting Anne of Green Gables – The Ballet to local theatres across Canada, including Chilliwack and Maple Ridge.
(Monday) 3:15 pm - 3:45 pm PST
Fraser Valley Academy of Dance
33219 1 Ave, Mission, BC V2V 1G7