School Snow ClosuresDecember 8, 2016
As winter weather approaches Mission, it is helpful to be aware of our procedures for school snow closures.
Determining School Snow Closures
- If the Mission School District closes schools in the morning due to snow, our school closes that day too.
- At other times, we will make the decision to cancel our classes by 1pm on weekdays, and 8am on weekends.
Announcing School Snow Closures
When we cancel classes due to snow, we have several ways to communicate to our families:
- We email all families – be sure that your account email information is correct,
- We text those who have opted-in to receive texts – contact us for an opt-in text code
- We update our online Events Calendar on the website
- We add a post to our Academy News
- We update our Facebook and Instagram pages
- We update our telephone voicemail.
- In the event of power outages during severe weather where these updates may not be possible, please assume the school is closed.
- During bad weather (snow or other storms), always come to the school building with your child to be sure that classes are running before you drive away.
Learn more about School Snow Closures
To know more about being prepared in our area, and how Mission handles snow days, visit Snow and Ice Control on their website.
To learn when Mission closes schools, or to sign up for their closure email list, visit Unscheduled Closures on their website.
Our text messages are sent from 1-365-800-0422. Please save this number in your phone contacts as “FVAD Alerts” so that you know in the future who has sent the message.