Welcome to our August summer sessions 2023August 6, 2023
Welcome to our August Summer Sessions 2023! Join us for 1-4 weeks of ballet intensives and dance camps for ages 3+. Drop-in classes available.
Enrol online today!
For detailed daily schedules, plus drop-in options, visit our Class Schedules page:
Here are a few notes to help you through your week(s)….
Classes are Monday to Friday.
- Classes begin at 9am for Ballet Intensives (weeks 1-3)
- Classes begin at 8:30am for our Tiny Tots Dance and Junior Dance Camp (week 4).
The school will open 30 minutes before the first class each day:
- Opening at 8:30am daily (weeks 1-3) and 8am (week 4)
- Ballet Intensive students should arrive 10-15 minutes before class to gently stretch and warm-up before class.
- Please collect your child within 30 minutes of the end of the last class each day.
- Please visit the office if you have any questions, and for payments or dance wear.
- If you have not already paid your summer tuition, please do so before your first class.
Classes are in Studio A (ground floor) and Studio B (upper floor):
- Ballet Intensive Level B begins in Studio B (9am-5pm) Aug 7-11, 14-18, 21-25
- Ballet Intensive Level A begins in Studio A (9am-5pm) Aug 7-11, 14-18, 21-25
- Tiny Tots Dance Camp (age 3-5) is in Studio A (8:30am-9:30am) Aug 28-Sep 1
- Junior Dance Camp (age 5-9) is in Studio A (8:30am-4:30pm) Aug 28-Sep 1
- New families – please introduce yourselves at the office when you first arrive at the school. 🙂
Please remember to pack healthy snacks, water bottles and a healthy lunch (for those with us all day)
- Always avoid sugary drinks & processed foods as they will not give you the proper nutrition or energy you need for your day!
- Don’t forget your cutlery if you are bringing food that needs a spoon or fork.
- Avoid bringing nuts at the school as some students have severe nut allergies.
- We have a filtered water fountain and water-bottle filling station in the lobby so you don’t need to bring all the water needed for the day…just a small bottle will be fine. 🙂
- We have a very small fridge available, so it is best to pack a lunch that doesn’t need to be cooled, or use insulated lunch bags.
Dress codes in summer are more casual than the school year.
- Please view our dress codes (https://fvad.ca/classes/class-dress-codes/)
- Scroll to the bottom of that page for summer session information
- ONLY clean indoor shoes or other dance shoes are permitted in the studio.
- Shoes worn outside must not be worn inside the studio.
- Ballet Intensives:
- Also bring socks (ankle or any type), a t-shirt or hoodie to protect your shoulders during floor work, and a resistance band. Black shorts are optional for contemporary/modern.
- Ballet skirts are optional.
- Non-latex Therabands in red (medium) or green (heavy) can be purchased at the office.
- Please remember your ballet slippers and pointe shoes (if on pointe).
- Tiny Tots and Junior Dance Camps
- Please wear leotard and ballet tights, if possible. Ballet skirts are optional.
- Shorts or leggings with fitted tops can be worn if you don’t have any dance-wear.
- We do sell used dance-wear at the office, and have some sizes of used ballet slippers available to borrow.
Performances for Friends & Family
- Ballet Intensives have observation classes all day on Fridays Aug 11, 18, and 25.
- Tiny Tots Camp observation class is 8:30am on Friday, Sep 1.
- Junior Dance Camp observation classes are 9:30-4:30pm on Friday, Sep 1.
We are so pleased to welcome everyone to a second ‘normal’ August summer sessions since the pandemic. If you have any questions at all, please contact us or drop by the office for a chat. We’re here to help! 🙂