Substitute Classes for Snow DaysJanuary 20, 2020
We’ve now assigned substitute classes for snow days, to ensure our teachers do not lose their pay, and our students do not lose their class hours, in spite of the unplanned closures. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Please try to take your make-up classes before spring break, so as not to interfere in school show preparations.
Here are the substitution options:
- Pre-School Dance, Ballet Pre-Primary, Ballet Primary and Ballet 1 students can attend any other class at their level as a make-up class.
- Ballet 2-6 can attend any class above or below their level…
- Ballet 3 students could attend a Ballet 2 to perfect their skills, or a Ballet 4 class to be more challenged.
- Students can also replace their class with one they don’t normally take (ie. Contemporary 4 for Ballet 4) to try a new style.
- Ballet 7 and Ballet 8-10 can attend each other’s classes as a make-up.
- Pointe 6 and Pre-Pointe 5 can attend each other’s classes as a make-up.
- Modern 6-7 and Modern 8-10 can attend each other’s classes as a make-up.
- National 1 and 2 students can attend each other’s class as a make-up.
- National 3 and 4 students can attend each other’s class as a make-up.
- Jazz-Conditioning students can attend the level above or below their level as a make-up.
- Tuesday Musical Theatre students will be scheduled to attend an hour on a Friday (date and time to be set).
- Boys Ballet 1 will have an extra class with Mr. Carney on a Friday, 4-4:30pm (date to be confirmed).
- Adult Ballet – Mr. Carney will discuss options at your next class.
- Contemporary students will have an extra class with Mr. Carney on a Saturday after spring break.
- Contemporary 8-10 : 2:15-3:30pm on Saturday, April 25
- Contemporary 4-7 : 2:15-3:15pm on Saturday, May 2
- Academy 7, Academy 8-10 and Sr Chor will have class with Mr. Carney on Saturdays from Jan 26 to Mar 28.
- Sr Choreography : 2:15-3:15pm on Saturdays Jan 26 & Feb 22
- Academy 8-10 : 2:15-3:15pm on Saturdays Feb 2, 9, 16, 29, Mar 7
- Academy 7: 2:15-3:45pm on Saturdays Mar 14, 28
If any of these substitution options don’t work out, or result in an obvious conflict, then we’ll deal with them individually next.
We appreciate your help and patience while we work through this process. Thank you!