Welcome to our August Summer Sessions 2019July 29, 2019
Welcome to our August Summer Sessions 2019!
(Still need to sign up for summer…? Enrol online today!)
Here are a few notes to help you through your week(s)….
Week 1 classes are Tuesday to Saturday. Weeks 2-4 are Monday to Friday.
- Classes begin at 9am for Musicals Camps, Tiny Tots Camp and Ballet Intensives.
- Classes begin at 12pm for our Junior Ballet Workshop.
The school and office will be open by 8:15am daily
- Please visit the office if you have any questions, need to make a payment or purchase any dance wear.
- If you have not already paid your summer tuition, please do so before your first class.
Students should be at the school 10-15 minutes before class in order to have time to prepare for their first class.
- Tiny Tots Dance Camp is in Studio C (9am-11am) Aug 6-10 & 26-30
- Junior Ballet Workshop is in Studio C (12pm-4pm) Aug 6-10 & 26-30
- “Grease” Musical Camps are in Studio A (9am-5pm) Aug 6-10
- Ballet Intensive Level B is in Studio B (9am-5pm) Aug 6-10, 12-16, 19-23
- Ballet Intensive Level A is in Studio A (9am-5pm) Aug 12-16, 19-23
- Ballet Intensive students should gently stretch and warm-up before class.
- New families – please come to the office in our main building and we will give you a welcome tour first. 🙂
Please remember to pack healthy snacks, water bottles and a healthy lunch (for those with us all day)
- Always avoid sugary drinks & processed foods as they will not give you the proper nutrition or energy you need for your day!
- Don’t forget your cutlery if you are bringing food that needs a spoon or fork.
- Please avoid bringing nuts to the school as there are students and staff with severe nut allergies.
- We have filtered water stations at each studio, a water-bottle filling station, two fridges, and a microwave.
Dress codes in summer are more casual than the school year.
- Please view our dress codes (https://fvad.ca/classes/class-dress-codes/)Scroll to the bottom of that page for summer session information).
- Musicals Camps:
- Please wear comfortable, but not-too-baggy clothing so teachers can properly see movement and breathing.
- ONLY clean indoor shoes, jazz shoes or other dance shoes are permitted in the studio.
- Socks or bare feet are acceptable, but shoes are preferred.
- Shoes worn outside must not be worn inside the studio.
Performances for Friends & Family
- Tiny Tots Camp performs at 11am on Saturday, Aug 10 and Friday, Aug 30.
- Junior Ballet Workshop performs at 4pm on Saturday, Aug 10 and Friday, Aug 30.
- Musicals Camp performs at 4:30pm on Saturday, Aug 10.
- Ballet Intensives have observation classes all day on Saturday, Aug 10, and Fridays Aug 16 and 23.
Performances in Public
- Some students will perform on Sat, Aug 10, on stage at the MissionFest Street Fair.
- Some students will perform on Friday, Aug 16, on stage in Mill Lake Park with Abbotsford Youth Orchestra.
For detailed daily schedules of each program, please visit our website Class Schedules
- Summer week schedules are listed at the bottom of the page.
We are very excited you are joining us for our August summer sessions!
If you have any questions at all, please contact us or drop by the office for a chat. We’re here to help! 🙂