Welcome to our August summer sessions 2022August 6, 2022
Welcome to our August Summer Sessions 2022!
(Still need to sign up for summer…? Enrol online today!)
Here are a few notes to help you through your week(s)….
Week 1-4 classes are Monday to Friday.
- Classes begin at 9am for Ballet Intensives (weeks 1-3) and Tiny Tots Dance Camp (week 4)
- Classes begin at 12pm for our Junior Dance Camp (week 4).
The school and office will be open by 8:15am daily
- Please visit the office if you have any questions, and for payments or dance wear.
- If you have not already paid your summer tuition, please do so before your first class.
Ballet Intensive students should be at the school 10-15 minutes before class in order to have time to prepare for their first class.
- Studio A is on the ground floor as you enter the school building, past the office.
- Studio B is on the upper floor.
- Tiny Tots Dance Camp (age 3-5) is in Studio A (9am-11am) Aug 29-Sep 2
- Junior Dance Camp (age 5-8) is in Studio A (12pm-4pm) Aug 29-Sep 2
- Ballet Intensive Level B begins in Studio B (9am-5pm) Aug 8-12, 15-19, 22-26
- Ballet Intensive Level A begins in Studio A (9am-5pm) Aug 8-12, 15-19, 22-26
- Ballet Intensive students should gently stretch and warm-up before class.
- New families – please introduce yourselves at the office when you first arrive at the school. 🙂
Please remember to pack healthy snacks, water bottles and a healthy lunch (for those with us all day)
- Always avoid sugary drinks & processed foods as they will not give you the proper nutrition or energy you need for your day!
- Don’t forget your cutlery if you are bringing food that needs a spoon or fork.
- Avoid bringing nuts at the school as some students have severe nut allergies.
- We have a filtered water fountain and water-bottle filling station in the lobby.
- We no longer have microwave or fridge available for students, so pack a cold lunch or use insulated lunch bags.
Dress codes in summer are more casual than the school year.
- Please view our dress codes (https://fvad.ca/classes/class-dress-codes/)
- Scroll to the bottom of that page for summer session information
- ONLY clean indoor shoes or other dance shoes are permitted in the studio.
- Shoes worn outside must not be worn inside the studio.
- Ballet Intensives:
- Please remember to bring socks (ankle or any type), a t-shirt or hoodie to protect your shoulders during floor work, and a resistance band.
- Non-latex Therabands in red (medium) or green (heavy) can be purchased at the office.
- Please remember your ballet slippers and pointe shoes (if on pointe).
- Tiny Tots and Junior Dance Camps
- Please wear leotard and ballet tights, if possible. Ballet skirts are optional.
- Shorts or leggings with fitted tops can be worn if you don’t have any dance-wear.
- We do sell used dance-wear at the office, and have some sizes of used ballet slippers available to borrow.
Performances for Friends & Family
- Ballet Intensives have observation classes all day on Fridays Aug 12, 19, and 26.
- Tiny Tots Camp performs at 10:50am on Friday, Sep 2.
- Junior Ballet Workshop performs at 3:50pm on Friday, Sep 2.
For detailed daily schedules of each program, please visit our website Class Schedules
We are very excited you are joining us for our first August summer sessions since 2019!
If you have any questions at all, please contact us or drop by the office for a chat. We’re here to help! 🙂