Fraser Valley Academy of Dance believes strongly that dance training should be accessible to all children who show potential in the art form. As such, we provide up to $20,000 in financial support each and every year to assist low income families in our community.
The following Scholarships for ballet are currently provided by FVAD:
- Elizabeth Porter Scholarship: for students age 5-6 showing potential in ballet. No previous experience required. Evidence of low-income status is required.
- Graham Carmichael Scholarship: for students age 7-9 showing potential in ballet. Evidence of low-income status is required.
- Cissy Beazer Scholarship: for students age 10-12, with talent in ballet. Evidence of low-income status is required.
- Dorothy Stevens Scholarship: for a students age 13+, with talent in ballet. Evidence of low-income status is required.
- Artistic Director’s Scholarships: Merit scholarships awarded to exceptional students, in full or in part. There is no application for a merit scholarship.
To apply for an FVAD Needs-Based Scholarship:
- Print the FVAD Scholarship Application
- Submit your completed application to FVAD with a copy of your Notice of Assessment, and any other details as indicated in the application form.
- An adjudicator familiar with the applicant’s financial situation must also complete the final section of the application.
All Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- All applicants will be informed of the status of their application within 30 days.
Mission District has financial support for resident families on a limited income:
- PLAY Program
- KidSport Fund
- CultureKids Fund
- JumpStart Program
- Visit the Mission Parks, Recreation and Culture website page for more information