Fraser Valley Academy of Dance believes strongly that formal training should be accessible to all children who show potential in the art form. As such, since 2008, we have provided up to $20,000 in financial support each and every year to assist low income families in our community.
The following Scholarships for ballet are currently provided by FVAD:
- Elizabeth Porter Scholarship: for students age 5-6 showing potential in ballet. No previous experience required. Evidence of low-income status is required.
- Graham Carmichael Scholarship: for students age 7-9 showing potential in ballet. Evidence of low-income status is required.
- Cissy Beazer Scholarship: for students age 10-12, with talent in ballet. Evidence of low-income status is required.
- Dorothy Stevens Scholarship: for a students age 13+, with talent in ballet. Evidence of low-income status is required.
- Artistic Director’s Scholarships: Merit scholarships awarded to exceptional students, in full or in part. There is no application for a merit scholarship.
To apply for an FVAD Needs-Based Scholarship:
- Print the FVAD Scholarship Application
- Submit your completed application to FVAD with a copy of your Notice of Assessment, and any other details as indicated in the application form.
- An adjudicator familiar with the applicant’s financial situation must also complete the final section of the application.
All Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- All applicants will be informed of the status of their application within 30 days.
Mission offers additional financial support for resident families on a limited income:
- PlayPass Program
- KidSport Fund
- CultureKids Fund
- JumpStart Program
- Visit the Mission Parks, Recreation and Culture website page for more information
- FVAD also supports numerous charity organizations in our community by providing ticket donations to silent auctions and other fundraisers, free community performances, and free performance tickets to people in need.
Supporting our FVAD Scholarship Fund:
- FVAD funds the scholarship program through our performance revenue, dance-wear sales, and occasional financial support from donors.
- Please note that FVAD is not a registered non-profit and therefore cannot provide charitable donation tax receipts.
- If you would like to contribute to our Scholarship Funds, we are grateful for any amount.
- We will provide a receipt for “Scholarship Fund Donation”, and acknowledgement of your support will be included, if requested, in our next show program book.
- Thank you to our community for your ongoing support!