Dance schools in BC are regulated by Consumer Protection BC (consumerprotectionbc.ca) and as such specific cancellation policies must exist.
A full refund of any payment (registration fee, tuition or other payment) received in relation to a program will be given if a Cancellation Form is received within 10 calendar days of enrolling in that program. For cancellation after the initial 10 days, a 30-day written notice of cancellation is required.
Upon cancellation within 10 days of registration:
- FVAD shall refund all payments made in relation to that program, including otherwise non-refundable registration fees, within 15 days of receipt of the Cancellation Form.
Upon cancellation more than 10 days after registration:
- Any payments owing before the written notice is given shall be due and payable.
- Any payments due within the 30-day notice period shall be due and payable.
Upon cancellation in either case:
- Upon cancellation of enrollment, recurring payments will be cancelled.
- Credit card and/or bank account information will be deleted from FVAD systems. The customer will be informed of this once the information has been deleted.
- Post-dated cheques will be returned to the customer or shredded, per the customer’s instruction.
FVAD reserves the right to cancel or change classes, time and/or teachers without notice.
Classes with fewer than 4 students enrolled may be cancelled.
FVAD reserves the right to refuse services, and to ask clients to leave the school, at the Directors’ discretion.