Dance schools are regulated by Consumer Protection BC and must abide by the regulations set out in the Consumer Protection Act. Know your rights as a consumer: www.consumerprotectionbc.ca
All students must register and set up Pre-Payments prior to taking class.
School Year Registration Fees are non-refundable and due upon registration for the school year classes. Visit the Rates and Fees for current tuition and fees.
FVAD reserves the right to refuse service, or ask any student to leave the school, at the owners’ discretion, with or without cause.
School Year Payments
- All classes run from September to June except Pre-School (3-months)
- Rates will be pro-rated if enrolling after the start of the school year.
- Refer to Class Rates for information on tuition calculation.
- Monthly Payments must be set up in advance, for the 1st of each month.
- Pre-School sessions are payable in full in advance of the first class.
- Payments methods accepted: Credit Card, Bank Debit or Post-dated Cheques.
- From your online account, select Pay Now.
- Enter your credit card information in your online account.
- Select Auto-pay to set up recurring payments.
- Your credit card will be automatically charged on the 1st day of each month.
- If you have a credit card on your account without Auto-Pay, and your account is overdue at the 5th of the month, we will attempt to process the payment to your card before charging late fees.
Bank Account Debit
- Return the Pre-Authorized Payment Agreement to FVAD with a Void Cheque
- Your bank account will be debited on the 1st day of each month.
- New PAPs must be submitted at least 5 days before the 1st of the month.
- Post-dated cheques must be provided, dated for the 1st day of each month.
- Please make cheques payable to FVAD.
- The highest class rate of all family members is payable in full.
- Additional family members (immediate family only) receive a 10% discount
- Refer to Rates for details.
- Discount applies to Tuition Rates only. All students pay full Fees.
Refunds or Credits are only given for:
- Severe illness or injury with Doctor’s certificate
- Cancellation within 10 days of enrolment
- Pre-Payments made for tuition beyond the Cancellation period.
- Terms and conditions apply. Refer to Cancellations for more details
No refunds are given for:
- Missed classes for any reason not stated above
Summer School Class Payments
- Classes run during July and August.
- Weekly Payments are due by the first day of the class week.
- Drop-in Payments are due before each class begins.
- Please see Summer Programs page for full details.
- Payment methods accepted: Credit Card, Debit Card, e-Interac, Cheque or Cash.
Families with an overdue account on the 5th of the month will incur a $10 late fee.
The only exceptions to the above are for:
- Families who have provided post-dated cheques for their tuition monthly to June, dated on a different day than the 1st, and
- Families who have set up an agreed-upon pre-payment plan.
Families with an overdue account on the 10th of the month will have their enrolment suspended.
- Students will not be permitted to attend class during suspension until payment is provided.
- If a suspended student arrives for class, they will not be permitted to take part in their class.
Families with an overdue account after 30 days will have their enrolment cancelled
- Students will not be permitted to return to class upon cancellation until payment is provided.
- An additional Registration Fee must be paid in order to re-enrol in class.
Families with an NSF cheque or bank payment will incur a $25 NSF fee.
- This will be in addition to late fee of $10 if still overdue on the 5th of the month.
Cash or Interac payments will no longer be accepted for monthly tuition unless there is a credit card on account as a back-up payment method.
- Cash or Interac payments must be made before the 1st of the month or the credit card will be charged on the 1st.
- e-Interac payments (sent to firstname.lastname@example.org) can also be made under the same terms as above.